LAwave instrument introduces a sound wave into the sample's surface
to measure the materials phase velocity dispersion curve. The
built-in matching algorithm determines Young's Modulus,
the thickness and/or the density of the
- Diamond-type Carbon
- CVD Diamond
- Ceramics, metals, polymers,
- Semiconductors: Silicon, GaAs, etc.
- Metals: Steel, Aluminum, etc.
- Dielectrics: Glass, etc.
- Nondestructive measurements
- Sensitive to films thinner
- Multi-layer detection
- Fast measurement cycles
(approximately 5 minutes)
- Process development
- Quality control